Instead of dedicating today’s picture to a randomly chosen word from the dictionary, I would like to dedicate this drawing to all of those who have been effected by the recent earthquake and tsunami disaster in Japan, Hawaii, and everywhere else.
Our prayers are with you.
2011 Sendai Earthquake / How To Help: President Obama released a statement earlier announcing that “[t]he United States stands ready to help the Japanese people in this time of great trial.” Below is a list of charities and relief organizations you can donate to in order to help bring aid to those affected by the worst earthquake in Japanese history.
- The American Red Cross has set up a special designation for disaster relief efforts in Japan. To donate, click here, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to instantly donate $10.
- International Medical Corps says it is putting together relief teams and supplies to aid Japan “and other affected countries.” Donate here.
- GlobalGiving’s Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund.
- World Vision’s Disaster Response Fund.
- Click here to donate to AmeriCares’ emergency relief response.
- Save the Children’s Japan Earthquake Tsunami Children in Emergency Fund.
Earlier: TDW’s Breaking News post on the 2011 Sendai earthquake with live updates.